Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I was mugged


A young woman saw an old man walking down the street with only one shoe. Thinking that he might be a homeless poor who had found the shoe in a rubbish bin somewhere, she was moved by compassion and approached the old man.


"Oh, you poor soul. It must be difficult to walk with only one shoe," she said.


Before the old man could open his mouth to speak, the young woman started talking about how bad the society had become.


"We take things for granted forgetting that there are people who don't even have a shoe to wear. What a sick world!" she lamented.


"Thanks for your concern, miss. But I didn't find this shoe. I was mugged earlier this morning. They tried to take everything from me including my shoes. But I managed to flee after they removed the other shoe. I'm on my way now to lodge a report to the police."


Pressumptions can be embarassing as it is dangerous.

No comments: