Sunday, February 24, 2008

The pursuit of stupidity

Allow me to break the sequence of my storytelling. But first of all, I'd like to congratulate another good Danish friend, AC, for having been offered a job as social worker. I believe the world needs more caring people to work in this challenging field. As for my contribution, I'll stick to writing. And speaking of writing, someone asked me yesterday why I remain as one despite all its financial securities and headaches. My answer to her question was stupidity. I notice a funny pattern in my life that in order to get one thing right, I'll have to make ten stupid mistakes. So, to get two things right, I must commit twenty. Stupidity. Isn't that what defines our thinking and actions? So, here I am making yet another stupid mistake by becoming a writer and writing all the stuffs about human stupidity in simple stories. Oh, Albert Eistein said this once:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

1 comment:

AC said...

Leo, Thanks for including me in your blog. Can you believe we actually made it and finished our studies?

As for your thoughts of 'the pursuit of stupidity', I must disagree. I think it's your contribution to the world and it's what makes you happy because you're good at it. Keep writing old man!

AC