Monday, March 31, 2008

Walking barefoot in a muddy puddle


Like most children, one of the things that I enjoyed was to walk barefoot in a muddy puddle after the rain. Every time it rained, I always hoped it would fall heavy enough to fill up those potholes on the ground. I loved the feeling of warm water and slippery mud massaging my feet. It was hypnotizing.

Yesterday I watched a little boy doing the same thing and ended up getting scolded and spanked by his mother whom I was pretty sure was as ‘guilty’ as her son when she was little. Obviously, she didn’t want him to dirty himself. From the look on the face of the boy, he was pretty hurt and confused. In that respect, she had ‘dirtied’ her son.

I reflect that our unhappiness is copied and pasted’ from someone or some experiences in the past. No wonder many adults always complain about blood pressure problem. Maybe what they need is to take off their shoes, walk barefoot into the muddy puddle of life, get dirty and feel the massaging effect of the water and mud on their feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. That is one of the greatest feelings in the world! :)

Sometimes we all need to walk barefoot in the mud and stop being so darn uptight.

Thanks for the compliments on my post "A Kiss", it really is an incentive to continue writing and working on my blog. I appreciate it!